W3Schools.com, and how it should be treated.

Ok, this is my very 1st blog, and I hope I'll provide interesting topics on my blog.

A recent response from a StackOverflow.com user suggested that w3schools.com is being criticised. Apparently it's been used as a programming tutorial.

This is not what it was originally created for. Think of what w3schools is to Sun Oracle's Javadoc. W3Schools just document what the classes, variables and methods in various aspect of web developments (e.g. ASP, CSS, HTML, XHTML, PHP, JavaScript, VBScript, etc.) are and how they are used. It wasn't designed to show developers how to program (or programme, depending on which region of the world you come from) or teach you the web semantics.

If you use w3schools, which I do when doing web development, use it to identify which available classes, methods or variables are available for a specific web development of choice and what it does. Think of w3schools as Web Development, for Dummies! :-)

I hope I have made it clear and enjoy programming (with w3schools :p).

Peace! 

Comments